Friday, July 24, 2009

Pearls of Wisdom

These are observations or statements that I keep making every now and then in my correspondence and some of them seem good enough to stand alone as a quote. This list will keep growing as I add to it over time.


"Rationality has this way of being an impediment to optimism. I would not go so far as to say that it induces pessimism or cynicism. It does, however, prevent you from being foolishly hopeful about positive outcomes that exist only in your imagination."
"Yes, things could be a lot better and in equal measure they could be a lot worse. Since that mathematically makes things even, I should be happy and content to languish in the averages as long as I am not a victim of the law of averages."
"Life is far too short to waste on petty strife and unpleasantness. Frayed tempers make bad advocates."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home